torsdag, februari 28, 2008

News from our Kosovo korrespondent

This blog is a wounder of internationalism, so after our Amsterdamkorrespondent gave us some music tips, it's now time for a special report on Kosovo. You have probably all seen the action, the fighting around the U.S Embassy in Belgrade and most of all, the biggest party in Kosovo since Will Smith made the video to his smash hit "Miami" (the roumour has it that at least 72% of the population owns the 1997 Will Smith album "Big Willie Style" containing that very song). Hypotetisk own correspondent, deep in the Will Smith loving Kosovo send us this special report:

"The Balkans are a little crazy, but I guess that is just the way things are here. People are pissed-off about battles with the Ottoman empire in 1389, this is just how things are and in 700 more years, they will still be pissed. There are some activists about here, there was a protest last week in downtown Vranje. I am continuing my practice of stealing posters related to my travels, I stole a campaign poster of the pro-Milosevic presidential candidate a month or so back and I have my eyes on this "Kosovo is not for sale" (in Serbian of course) poster that is near my house. This one is a little tricky, I am afraid someone may say something to me if they see me trying to take it down, and if they speak to me then discovering that I am a foreigner they will have no choice but to conclude that I am working for the CIA and trying to take down Serbia from the inside (though the Serbs seem to be doing a fine job of this on their own)."

If you wounder what kind of poster our correspondent stole while in Sweden, I can let you in on the secret: Scissor Sisters live in Stockholm.